Thursday, January 28, 2010

An Interesting Day


All set for project mayhem. The first installation is set for February 14th, 2010!

I have spent the last couple of days in the company of my wife's filmmaker friends. As we are ramping up for my PR campaign, my wife is also reimmersing into the world of film after a 18 month break from the industry. She was set to produce a feature film called Justify and was in pre-production when she discovered she was pregnant with our son Julian. She is diving back into her documentary on filmmakers, revolving centrally about Amy Holden Jones, writer of Mystic Pizza. She and the original team are applying for the Women In Film Foundation's Film Finishing Fund Grant, next month. I am very proud!

And, having all these filmmaker's around has really got me thinking about video content and the contemporary artist. Not only video content for the web but, also, video installation. Which is so hot right now. I think that I am giong to venture into that a bit and see what happens. Art is all about experimentation!

Oh, and did I mention that Heidi form James Gray Gallery called today!!! I was so pleased that she took the time to look at this blog and my website. Thanks again. Also, she has asked us to bring my Native series up to her gallery for her to look at. They are all really wet right now but, as soon as they are dry enough, we are on our way!

Also, I spoke to my friend Ana Burkhart who is in PR and she had SO many great ideas. She is going to do an article for examiner.com. She writes a column on women in business, so the article will be about how my wife, Aimee, is a filmmaker who has turned the cameras on her husband in order to create active income in a time of economic recession, or something like that!

Looks like Andi Hamamoto will be doing an article for aol.com, as well. She writes a column on love, so her story will be about the husband and wife team on how love can cause synergy when two partners get on the same page with their business. Go team love!

I will keep you posted on the articles and will add links as soon as I have them.

Also, I found an editor for our video content. Thank you Michelle! Michelle Opitz who is an aspiring film director, who ended up as the producer of Justify, will freelance as our editor. Yeah, I am so pleased.

No comments:

Post a Comment